Everything About Beer
In the whole world, it is among one of the oldest and most of the widely absorbed alcoholic drinks. After water and tea, it is the third most popular drink. It comes in different bottles and cans. It is available in mainly every pub, bars and also in local convenience stores like 7-11. In the fresh beer, the strength of alcohol by volume (ABV), is around 4% to 6%, although it may vary between 0.5% and 20%, with some breweries creating examples of 40% ABV and above.
The Sumerian civilization first cultivated beer in 8,000 years ago. It is an alcoholic brew that is mainly made up from malted cereal grain (from which we get barley, wheat, oats, and rice, corn, etc.), flavored with hops, and done with the slow fermentation process.
It is said that “You can’t be a real country without a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. – said By Frank Zappa.
1) Provides vitamins, minerals, and flavonoids.
2) It lowers the risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease (CHD), reduced by 34%.
3) It diminishes the risk of kidney stones by 35%.
4) It may help improve memory.
5) Also lowers bad cholesterol.
* Moderate drinking = 1 drink/day for women and two drinks/day for men.
1) Interferes With The Blood Sugar Level.
2) It increases the risk of High Blood Pressure.
3) You May Develop Beer Belly.
4) Leads To Intoxication And Hangover.
5) Associates with Regular Medications.
Some unknown facts:
1) In Great Britain alone, it is rumored that 93,000 liters of beer are used in facial and hair treatment each year.
2) McDonald’s provides it on its menu in many countries, such as France, Germany, Portugal, and South Korea.
3) It was so important in ancient Mesopotamia that there are legal strictures regarding its sale in the Code of Hammurabi.
4) Ancient Greeks didn’t drink much beer; they preferred wine.
5) The strongest beer in the world is “Snake Venom,” brewed by Scottish brewery Brewmeister. It includes 67.5 % of Alcohol by Volume (ABV). For comparison, most vodka is 40% ABV, with beers typically between 3% and 10% ABV.
6) Since it is made in large batches, it is difficult to hide and thus, more comfortable to tax. This made beer an essential source of income for all levels of government during the Middle Ages.
7) In surveys and polls over the past two decades, American drinkers consistently choose beer as their favorite alcoholic beverage.
8) In 1963, Heineken developed bottles that could double as glass bricks to build houses. The goal was to eliminate waste and provide cheap building material for low-income areas.
9) Ancient Greeks didn’t drink much beer; they preferred wine.
10) The largest recorded glass of it contained just under 330 gallons of Guinness, at the Auld Dubliner Irish Pub in Tustin, California.
What Are The Main Ingredients In Beer?
1) Water – It is the main ingredient of the beer brewing, as it is made up of 90% of water.
2) Barley – As you know the most of it is made from grains, but Barley is the preferred type of grain used in brewing the beer.
3) Hops – Hops are not only used for the antibacterial feature but also to enhance the flavor and the aroma of the beer. If the beer is brewed exclusively with barley, yeast, and water it will be dull, so to enhance the flavor and aroma Hops plant is added to the brewing process.
4) Yeast – Yeast is one of the key ingredients in it brewing as the beer to be produced, it should undergo the fermentation process.
What is the process of Brewing Beer?
* The Step-by-Step Process of Brewing it:
1) Step 1- Grind the grain in a Mill.
2) Step 2: Mash Conversion
3) Step 3: Loitering.
4) Step 4: Boiling
5) Step 5: Separate the Worts and cool it. Wort refers to unfermented beer.
6) Step 6: Fermentation
7) Step 7: Maturation
8) Step 8: Filtration, carbonation, and cellaring.
Types of beer:
Ale is one of the best-known kind of beer. It comes in numerous forms and flavors such as pale, brown, cream, etc. It is mainly fermented from malted barley. Here is the list of some best types of Ales are such as Newcastle Brown Ale, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Red Tail Amber Ale, and Bass Ale, etc.
Lagers have the bright side regarding both flavoring and coloring. Their quality is effervescent because they are mainly more carbonated. Some of the best types of larger are Corona, Foster’s, Sapporo, Perroni, Stella Artois, Budweiser, and Negra Model (dark lager), etc.
Pilsner is considered as the light and refreshing drink of the beer family. It is mainly recognized by its crisp body, superb drinkability on hot summer days, and lightness of the color. Here is the list of some best types of Pilsner are Becks, Prima Pils, Harpoon Pilsner, Bitburger, St. Pauli Girl, and Spaten Pils, etc.
Stouts are mainly thick, dark and rich in taste. It does not contain a higher amount of alcohol. Here is the list of some stouts are Guinness, Old Rasputin Imperial Stout, Samuel Smith’s Oatmeal Stout, and Young’s Double Chocolate Stout, etc.
Porter is much more similar to stouts. Do you know there’s something similar to Porter available in the beer market? If no, let me share with you Stouts. Stouts are usually represented as if you are drinking a loaf of bread, but actually, it contains more punch then Porters. Here is the list of some Porters are Fuller’s London Porter, Founders Porter, Duck-Rabbit Porter, Deschutes Black Butte Porter, People’s Porter, and Mayflower Porter.
Bocks are mainly from the larger family. In the ancient times, Bocks used to be dark and bitter, but due to the addition of Hops, entire beer history got changed. Now, the beer is stronger and as well as sweeter. Here is the list of some Bock’s are Sam Adams Winter Lager, Einbecker Ur-Bock Dunkel, Bock Beer, Great Lakes Rockefeller Bock, and St. Nikolaus Bock Bier, etc.
Weissbier is a somewhat sweet drink. It is mainly white and brewed in the Bavarian style. It is primarily fermented from using malted wheat instead of using barley. It is a kind of solid beer. Here is the list of Weissbier types such as Blue Moon, Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat, Hoegaarden, Shock Top, and Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrub, etc.
In this article, we have read about Beers including advantages and disadvantage, its types, interesting facts and much more. So guys, if you liked this article and you think this information can help someone, please share this article with them and also provide us with your review of the contents of the report.
For much more exciting topics, stay tuned with us and also do bookmark us and we will keep you updated.